Monday, June 11, 2007

Comedy This Thursday at the Smokehouse in Downtown Fresno

I'm putting on a little comedy show this Thursday, June 14, 8:00 PM, at the Smokehouse, 1231 Van Ness Ave. in downtown Fresno.

This is kind of a return of Fresno comedy to its roots. For those who don't know, the Smokehouse is in the location of what was once Fresno's only comedy club, the Athenian. (I played the Athenian once at the very beginning of my comedy career.) After the Athenian closed, the club was bought by new owners who renamed it Screwballz, and after Screwballz closed, comedy was pretty dead in Fresno.

But we're bringing that comedy spirit back to the place this week. We're featuring seven comedians: me, Ken Lewis, Rick Rodham, Nick Nocketback, Kris Devoid, Will Wright and Aimee Ortiz.

Cover is only $15--that's a mere $2.14 per comedian. Now that's your best entertainment value. See you there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The show sounds boring. I'm not coming.

Actually, I would LOVE to come, but I've got to go to SF on business.

Hey, at least you having a gig means us having a blog!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.